Special Mission Platform
The TECNAM SMP is based on the revolutionary aircraft TECNAM P2006T, the only twin engine aircraft that can fully match all the today special missions purposes due to its characteristics.
Ideal range for any type of mission Wide Cruise speed range.From 55 to 150 kts 4 Seats Only 9 Us Gal per hour both engines
Max Cruise Speed
AVGAS and Mogas Automotive Fuel
Ideal range for any type of mission
Wide Cruise speed range.From 55 to 150 kts
Only 9 Us Gal per hour both engines
The TECNAM SMP is based on the revolutionary aircraft TECNAM P2006T is is today the only twin engine aircraft that can fully match all the special missions purposes due to its characteristics, in particular:
- Fully CS/FAR 23 IFR certified – both analogue and glass cockpit available and validated in many foreign countries in addition to EU/US.
- Low acquisition cost.
- Single pilot operations approved also in IFR.
- Extremely low operation and maintenance costs.
- High flexibility with both Aviation and Automotive fuel (up to 10% ethanol content) approved, also mixed in any ratio
- High payload capacity with special weight saving program
- Wide speed range (cruise from 55 to 145 kts)
- Possibility to be equipped with a wide range of payload/sensors
- Operations from semi-prepared fields and extremely low take off and landing distances (1470ft-448mt and 1050ft-320mt respectively over/ from 50’ obstacle)
- Wide room for passenger(s) which allows the installation of a comfortable working station (operator’s desk)
- No view obstruction for cameras and sensors, even during 30° turning due to the high wing
- All removable seats that allow to further increase the internal volumes;
- The aircraft is available with multiple factory approved holes, up to three hatches in one platform;
- Multiple sockets power box, with 40 Amp/ 28 VDC available for mission purposes;
- Turnkey solution (to be approached on a single Scope of Work basis) will allow to avoid third parties involved in STCs: Tecnam can offer a flexible choice with basic airframe+electrical power up to the turnkey solution. Customer can better focus on its main business with this approach, dealing only with the OEM
Tecnam P2006T is a twin-engine four-seat aircraft equipped with two four-cylinder four-stroke Rotax 912S3 liquid cooled engines of 100hp (73kW) each with an exceptional TBO of 2000 hours.
The high-wing configuration offers stability, cabin comfort and excellent visibility.
P2006T is a robust yet very light airframe, resulting in an outstanding payload-to-total-weight ratio.
FULLY RETRACTABLE LANDING GEAR
The fully retractable landing gear allows the installation of multiple sensors on the belly avoiding reflections, obstacles and interferences thus maximizing the sensors performance.
Two fuel tanks are located outboard of the engines holding 200 liters in total providing 5 hours endurance.
The P2006T can be equipped with the most advanced IFR Glass Cockpit Display (Garmin G1000 Nxi) and other navigation aids like Autopilot, Storm scope, DME, etc.
The cabin’s structural design ensures the required crashworthiness prescribed in recent amendments to the FAA-FAR23 and EASA-CS23
The twin-engine configuration of the Tecnam P2006T is extremely dependable, enabling the aircraft to travel long over water distances or over rough terrain.
Simple and convenient access to the engine compartment allows for fast daily inspections.
REDUCED OPERATING COSTS
Low fuel consumption and minimum maintenance requirements convey in extremely affordable operating costs.
VERY LOW STALL SPEED
The P2006T configuration allows stall speeds lower than 55 kCAS at Maximum TakeOff Weight with very short take-off/landing distances, making it ideal to operate in short runways.
25.6×16.5in/650x420mm CABIN HOLE
This cabin hole is located under the rear passenger’s LH seat. Its dimensions and the extensive room above the cabin floor allow the installation of several types of systems/sensors. The distance from cabin floor and the fuselage bottom skin is only 4.5in and it is ideal in order to maximize the FOV of cameras, lasers and sensors.
With this option it is possible to install all the sensors listed below (other brands can be evaluated upon request):
• Wescam MX-15 and MX-10 EOS Cameras;
• FLIR 380HD and 380HDc EOS Cameras;
• FLIR 275 EOS Camera;
• Radar (to be managed by third parties STC holders) • Steady Track LG stabilized mount;
• Ultracam sensors;
• LIDAR Laser sensors (RIEGL, ITRES, LEICA)
The P2006T aircraft standard version is equipped with 14V electrical system supplied by two alternators (one for each engine), each one capable of 40Amp.
Most of mission systems, sensors and equipment operate with 28V. Tecnam can offer a really flexible capacity in terms of the electrical system with the Special Mission dedicated electrical system. Basically, this option’s modifications on the airframe allow the end-user to have the following available power sources for mission system with an uncompromised aircraft system safety.
Mission system power comes from both LH and RH engines, 70Amp improved alternators + internal generators. The overall 14V surplus power available for mission equipment is converted by a “converter box” and distributed via multiple connector box supplying 40Amp at 28VDC for mission equipment.
The aircraft systems are always and autonomously operative. Several safety provisions allow the mission systems to never draw energy from the standard aircraft system, also in case of OEI operations.
NO SEPARATE 24V BATTERY
There is no need of a separate 24V mission battery unless specifically required by the particular sensor initial current draw;
EXTERNAL 12V PLUG
A relays system allow to plug an external 12V power unit operate or test sensors on ground, with engines OFF and using the common, P2006T standard 12V external socket.
Easily removable for maintenance purposes. The Converter Box is located inside the baggage compartment and weighs just 9kg.
The TECNAM SMP is the right solution for your Company, whatever your capability is …
|Fuselage Height||2,58 mt – 8.46 ft|
|Fuselage Length||8.7 mt – 28.5 ft|
|Wingspan||11.4 mt – 37.4 ft|
|Cabin Height (seat to cover)||0.91 mt – 3 ft|
|Cabin Width||1.22 mt – 4 ft|
|Max Seating capacity||4|
|Fuel tank capacity||2×100 lt – 2×26.4 US Gal|
|Engine Manufacturer||ROTAX 912 S3|
|Engine Power||100 + 100 HP|
|Time Before Overhaul||2000 hrs|
|Propeller||Two-Bladed Constant Speed Full Feathering|
|Fuel Consumption||17 + 17 lt/h – 4.50 + 4.50 US Gal/h|
|Fuel Type||Mogas and Avgas|
Design Weight & Loading
|Maximum Take Off Weight||1230 kg – 2712 lb|
|Empty Weight, Standard||819 kg – 1806 lb VFR Standard|
|Useful Load||411 kg – 906 lb|
|Baggage allowance||80 kg – 176 lb|
|Max Cruise Speed (KTAS)||278 km/h – 150 kts|
|Stall Speed (Flaps Down Power Off) KCAS||102 km/h – 55 kts|
|Practical ceiling||4267 mt – 14,000 ft|
|Take off run||301 mt – 988 ft|
|Take off distance||394 mt – 1293 ft|
|Landing Run||231 mt – 758 ft|
|Landing Distance||349 mt – 1145 ft|
|Rate of climb||5.3 m/sec – 1036 ft/min|
|Range||669 NM – 1239 km|
|Flight Rule||VFR Day, VFR Night, IFR|
Specifications subject to change without notice. Always consult the Aircraft Flight Manual.